Learn about the benefits of Rotary. Get Involved!
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island, Washington, is a group of men and women with a common belief that we can make a difference in our community and our world. As Rotarians, we pledge to practice the ideal of “Service above Self”. Our club has actively served the Bainbridge Island community since 1947. With the help of other Rotary Clubs and Rotary International, we have also worked on numerous international service projects.
Please take a few minutes to look through our web site and learn more about our history, accomplishments, and our community and international service efforts.
The Object of Rotary
To encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service.
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
- The application of the ideal of service by every Rotarian to his personal, business and community life.
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world of fellowship of business and professional individuals united in the ideal of service.
The Four-way Test
Rotarians are committed to practicing this four-way test to evaluate the things we think, say, or do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Interested in Joining?
As Rotarians we encourage people who are interested in knowing more about Rotary membership to attend our regular Monday meetings and one of the information sessions held every other month in the home of a Rotarian (Friends of Rotary Reception) There is no such thing as an application for membership. It is by invitation only. We encourage people who are enthusiastic about service and are willing to fully participate in our weekly meetings as well as various service projects to come visit and learn more about how we follow our moto of Service above Self.
The selection of a new member requires a back ground check, getting to know the members and then being proposed by an active member. The entire club has an opportunity to make the decision on who becomes a member. The potential member needs to be aware of the time and financial commitments prior to becoming a member.
For more information regarding membership in the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island please contact Vicki Browning our membership chairperson.
For information regarding membership in Rotary on Bainbridge Island, contact Vicki Browning, Membership Chairman at membership@BainbridgeIslandRotary.org
To learn more about what it means to be a Rotarian, please visit the Rotary International website.