Annual Application Window: October 1 through November 15
The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island has a long and proud history of providing grants to support diverse community projects, dating back to the Club’s founding in 1947. Members of the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island are stewards of funds we raise at our yearly Rotary Auction & Rummage Sale. We strive to manage funds in an effective, appropriate, and timely manner, and to ensure that grant awards result in positive impacts in our community.
To review past Community Grant recipients and descriptions of their funded projects, visit the Community Grants awards page.
- Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations with IRS tax-exempt status.
- Applicants must serve the Bainbridge Island community or have the potential to do so. Many grant recipients also serve the wider community of which Bainbridge Island is a part.
- Grants fund equipment, tools, technology, facility improvements, and other items that are reusable and have a prolonged useful life. We do not fund the purchase of land; recurring operating expenses such as staff salaries and supplies; speakers; or conferences.
- Individual grants typically range from $500 to $15,000. We award many grants each year, of which only a small number are in the $10,000 to $15,000 range.
- Previous grant recipients are eligible to apply in subsequent years, although previous funding is not indicative of new grant funding.
Applications are accepted from October 1 through November 15. Because Rotary is an all-volunteer organization and several levels of review are required, please be prepared for the process to take up to four months. If your needs are immediate, we may not be the best funding source for you.
- Download the application.
- E-mail your application to email@example.com.
- You may also submit questions to the e-mail address noted above.
- Please look for a confirmation e-mail that lets you know your application was received. If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail within three days of submission, please re-send the document (on occasion an e-mail does not auto-forward to our committee chair).
Step 1: Committee Evaluation and Selection. Your application will be reviewed by our committee. One or more committee members will be assigned to guide your application through the review process. We will contact you for additional information and to arrange a visit to your site. Committee recommendations are forwarded to the Rotary Board of Directors.
Step 2: Board of Directors Approval. The Board of Directors will review the committee’s recommendations, and vote to accept or decline each one.
Step 3: Membership Approval. Grants approved by the Board of Directors will be presented at two consecutive club meetings for membership approval.
Step 4: Notifications. Immediately following club membership approval, each applicant will be notified by e-mail of the result. Note: Denial of grant requests can happen at any step in the process. If denied, notification will be made promptly to the applicant by the committee chairperson.
- We may only be able to fund a portion of your request. In this situation, we may award a grant as a “challenge” for you to raise the additional funds, or fund a stand-alone component of your project.
- Rotary expects to work with each recipient organization on a suitable method to acknowledge our club’s contributions. This helps inform our community of the ways in which we spend the money we raise.
- We require a final report that provides an accounting of the grant money spent and verifies funds were used for the purpose set forth in the grant award.
- Other conditions will depend on details of individual grant requests.