The Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island is offering education grants to students continuing their education in a setting other than a four-year college or university. The grants are not intended for general academic pursuits, for students intending to attend or transfer to four-year colleges, or for graduate degrees.
Successful applicants will have:
1) specific vocational goals and a plan for achieving them,
2) exemplary commitment to their vocational goals, and
3) a connection to Bainbridge Island, as described below.
Financial need may be a consideration in determining who receives a grant and the size of the grant awarded.
Eligible applicants must:
- Currently live on Bainbridge Island or have lived on Bainbridge Island at any time during high school.
Eligible applicants may be:
- High school seniors planning to continue their education in a setting other than a four-year institution.
- Students currently enrolled in an education or training program and continuing in a program in the same or different field in fall of 2017.
- Returning students who have been out of school and are returning to pursue an education.
Application requirements: To be considered for a grant, all of the following must be received by the application deadline:
- Completed Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island Professional/Technical Education Grant Application.
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members, such as community leaders, teachers, or others familiar with your plans and/or your character.
- Unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- [Optional] Supporting documents, such as certificates, letters of merit, awards, etc.
Letters of recommendation may be included with the application or transmitted separately. However, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that letters of recommendation are received by Rotary by the deadline. Applications that are incomplete AFTER March 25, 2017 will not be considered. Please limit your total packet to a maximum of 12 pages.
Application documents may be Mailed to:
Professional/Technical Education Committee
Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island
435 Ericksen Ave., Suite 100
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Emailed to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Rotary on or before March 25, 2017.
Interviews: Finalists will be notified and scheduled for a 30-minute interview. Finalists will be notified on or about April 14, 2017. Interviews will take place on April 23, 2017.
(Because of tight timelines and the need to schedule multiple interviews, alternate interview dates are NOT available.